Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This new role as wife and women of God

I have been Mrs. Chris Davis for nine months now. I'm starting to learn what it means to be a wife, but I will be the first to say that I have a long way to go and a lot of growing to do. Each night I think to myself as I lay next to the man I have given my heart fully to, God how do I deserve to love this man and have him love me. Then I hear God saying back to me, darling I have always wanted the best for you. What a God I serve! Chris and I have walked through a lot in our short lives so far some of it as friends some of it as strangers and some of it as partners. I love the parts of life that we have shared as partners the most. Going to Target and picking out our first comforter and sheet set. Going to the mall and picking out our first valentines day out fits. ( as seen above). Going to bed and praying God what is your will for our lives.
The hardest thing I have been learning over these past few months is what it means to share my life with another person. Even growing up in a family of five I have never really shared my life with anyone else. It has always been just Chrissy. I have had and have some great friends that I have shared my heart with, even my room with, but never my whole life. The summer of 2006 I started the journey of giving my life to God. But God is God not a human that I share a full size bed with lol. I'm starting to learn the true meaning of selflessness. My husband is the least selfish person I have ever met... and I may be one of the most selfish people I know at times. But some how he still sees past my assumptions of my motives and sees a heart that is on fire for him and for God. My hearts cry is to see people that way, to see past the human motives and my assumptions of what they are wanting and meaning, to their heart. God has graced me with a person who excels in the areas I find my self the weakest. That is where our partnership begins. I see a piece of God's heart in Chris and he sees a piece of God's heart in me. True love, true selflessness is found alone in the heart of God, and a piece of his heart lives inside of each one of His kids, in me and you. We have a gift to share that no one else can that piece that God gave us. Through learning to share my life I have started to learn to share my heart, where the piece of God's heart dwells. I have learned to see the piece of God in this amazing man that I am now sharing my whole life with. Who would have thought even two years ago that I would have this life.... My God is good all the time!

4 comments:

  1. aww...this made me all teary. I love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so happy you are my friend! you are absolutly beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me cry tears of joy! You deserve the best in life. I love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena